Saturday, October 11, 2008

Some updates

Very sorry for the lack of updates..been really lazy these days..haha..

Some updates:

Brought my contact lens to the optical shop where I have them made (mine are those permanent contact lenses), and told the boss about my condition. He asked a few questions to try to determine the possible cause of my eye conditions and offered to get a replacement pair for me. So now I'm without my contact lens and have to stick to specs for the next 2 - 3 weeks until the new ones are ready..as the lenses of my current specs aren't really accurate, i've made a new pair and it costs me $270!..but luckily hubby offered to sponsor $150 for it so still not that bad..heee..

The optician contacted me a few days later and he told me that the cause of the discomfort to my eyes is due to the curvature of the contact lens..meaning it doesn't fit my eyeballs and hence the discomfort which then leads to my current condition with prolonged wear..so he said he will have them made flatter to fit my eyeball. Hopefully that's really the remedy to it.

So meanwhile, i'm letting my eyes have as much rest as possible..coz they still get sensitive to light every now n then..especially where there are spotlights/glaring white lights at a particular place and I've got to look up to the person I'm talking to given the fact that I'm shorter than everyone else..so i really hope my eyes will get well real soon >_<

My company's D&D will be on 01 Nov, and I really hope the contact lens will be ready by then..if not I will go as a nerd since it's 'Back to School' theme..hahah.. =p

Okie gotta end now..have a great weekend!! =)