Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Wisdom teeth

Went to the National Dental Centre (NDC) for my appointment this afternoon..had the dentist look at my wisdom teeth and took an X-ray. It shows that 1 of them is growing sideways rather than upright but luckily it wasn't 'pushing' my other teeth in the row with it's growth.

Initially wanted to go for the surgery and have all 4 removed, but the dentist advised that it will be very uncomfortable after the operation since I will have problem eating since both sides of my mouth will be tender. So he suggested to have 2 of them removed on my left side since it can be done with a simple extraction and go back to do the surgery another day.

So I ended up extracting 2 of my wisdom teeth..the whole process was quite scary especially when the dentist had difficulty removing the one in the bottom row..you just can't help it but imagine what's going on inside your mouth..haha..the top one was out pretty fast, I didn't even know its out already until the dentist told me..haa

After getting the medicine and making my payment, I left with half of my mouth still numb..its not so bad when you are not making any expressions but when I tried to eat my dinner just now, it felt really weird..I wondered as few times if my mouth will look funny when I tried to chew my food or smile..keke..

Now the numbness is residing..hope I won't feel any pain later in my sleep, took the painkiller liao but not sure if it will last throughout the night?..hmm..i seriously hope not >.<

Anyway, will be going back for my surgery again later this month when I'm back from Taiwan, I'm flying off this Sat!!..can't wait!..hehe