Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Hubby's bday

Took leave yesterday to celebrate hubby's bday..hehe

Here's what I got for him:

It's a sword from one of those manga that he used to read..went to buy it with my brother on Christmas Eve, who is another fanatic for such things and i think he now has 2 swords and a gun from mangas/animes as well as movies, he's so crazy over such things..but lucky for that, he has the membership for that shop and hence I get to buy the sword and the stand at some discount..haha..original price just for the sword is about $298, after member's discount I got the sword and the stand for about $262!..hehe..very good buy! =D Luckily I bought it earlier coz heard from my brother that mine was the last 3 left and they were all sold out by Christmas..and guess what, my bro bought the other one..hahaa..he was very tempted after seeing me buy and so went back to get it for himself..really siao lor.. =x

Wanted to give hubby a surprise but not really possible to 'smuggle' the present back w/o him noticing coz
he tends to be home earlier than me and its juz too big for me to hide it..its abt 1.1m long lor..had difficulties carrying it myself since i'm so short >.<..anyway, I deposited the present at my parents' place and went back to collect it on Sunday when hubby is out for his usual game of badminton..hehehe..hid it inside my wardrobe and waited till the clock stroke 12am then took out the present..hubby was very surprised with the big pressie and kept asking me what it is..keke..looking at the length, he initally thought it was some kind of a poster..haha..anyway, he was also very curious on how I managed to bring it home w/o him noticing..hehe..mission accomplished!! \(^v^)/ On Monday, we went over to Jurong Point to check out the new extension and its really big, with quite a lot of interesting shops..hehe..went for the 1 hour buffet at Kushinbo before exploring the new extension as we were both starving by the time we got there..keke..didn't buy anything as we intended to go over to Ikea at Queenstown to get some home stuff. Reached Ikea at about 4pm and shopped for stuff like hanging lamp, plates, glasses etc for the house. Only had their hotdog as we were still very full from the buffet earlier and took cab home..both of us were pretty tired as we knocked shortly after we got on the cab..hehe..
Took some photos before we went out, realised I have not taken any photos with my new phone yet!!..hahaa...cam-whore abit..keke =p
Us =)