I know I'm supposed to blog on the Malacca trip sometime back..but realised there isn't much to post on..haha..hence the late post..keke =p
2 of my managers and I were involved in this company event and hence we gotta go over to event venue to oversee certain stuff..so we took the morning coach which we chartered at 9am and reached Malacca at around 1+ in the afternoon..not sure why we took almost 4 hours when there was no traffic jams or anything..hmm..
When we reached the hotel (Hotel Equatorial), the rooms weren't ready for us to check-in yet, so we went to checkout the nearby shopping mall and grab some food to eat, bought a pair of shoes there..hehe. Went back again at 3+ to check-in and standby in case we are needed..went off to another shopping mall again after that to do some shopping, and I bought another pair of shoes from there..haha =D everytime i go Malaysia, I'm sure to buy some shoes back coz they are so cheap after converting back to SGD..hehe =)
Went back at 6+ as there will be another group of pple coming and we got to be around on standby..after that is a group dinner at 7pm, buffet-style and the theme is 'hawker night' whereby the local delights are served..pretty good coz we get to eat the local food all in 1 place..hehe =)
After dinner, we went off to the night market there called Jonker's Street, maybe coz its a Sunday, hence not a lot of stuff..heard that Fri and Sat are the better days to go as there will be more stuff. Anyway, didn't buy anything from the stalls there, but bought a dress from one of the shops..hehe..RM69.90, which is about SGD28, pretty good buy rite?..hehe =D
Went back to hotel at about 11+ and prepared for the event till 2+ and woke up at 5.45am as we are to gather at 6.45am for breakfast and setup the registration counter.. @_@
During the event, we were practically running all over the place as the hotel didnt provide everything in full..for eg, when u asked for flipchart stand, u will expect it to come with the flipchart papers and markers rite? but they sometimes just gave us the stand without the paper and/or markers..guess we really have to clear, precise instructions and not assume that they know.. =p and what's worse is that the hotel did not have any staff on standby in case we needed anything and hence most of the time we have to seek high and low for them when we needed something..haiz...
All in all, it was a tiring event mainly with the walking and/or running..my feet couldn't take it at the end of the day and were aching so i gotta change into my sandals, don't care liao..haha =p
At the end of the event, we were so glad that the whole thing has ended and can finally rest on the coach but we have to be assigned with a talkative guide on the coach who kept talking..=_= but we can't be bothered and dozed off while he rambled away..haha =x
Well, that's all there is to the Malacca trip, its for work purpose so I didn't get to explore the place much..heh
On a side note, I'm planning to go for Lasik!!..hehe..have been keen to do it since I don't know when but didn't go ahead with it coz my degree kept increasing over the years, hence not very ideal..but after checking my eyesight last week, there is no change in my degree since last June!..and I'm so happy coz that means I am 1 step closer to getting my Lasik done..hehe ^-^y So now I'm doing research on the private clinics that are recommended, and went for a forum at one of them..will be doing my pre-Lasik assessment test on 26th Oct to see if I'm a suitable candidate for the surgery..keeping my fingers crossed real tight now..hehe..oh and i gotta rest my eyes for at least a week, so I will be wearing my specs for the whole of next week (eeek!!)..haha =p
That's it for now..update on the progress soon! =)