Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The last few days..

04 Apr 2008

After the trip from Kawaguchiko, we can now shop without much considerations coz we will be staying in one place for the last few days =)

From the few trips to Akiharaba, Kelvin was starting to explore the possibility of shipping our stuff back if we had too much to bring back ourselves..so, we went to check out the nearest post office on the various options for international mail/parcels. After confirming that its possible and we, or rather he, was ok with the costs, he is set on a massive purchase liao..haha =p

But today is meant for shopping for souvenirs..so we went to the Oriental Bazaar at Harajuku, coz we saw a few stuff there which will make nice gifts for the family and friends..so we bought things like chopsticks set, mini wine bottle & cup set, plates set etc..and by the time we were done, our hands were full, and there is no way we can go anywhere else with all our purchase..so we went back to Shinjuku.

Came across one of those friendly vending machine stores along the way and decided to stop for dinner..haha..the food is really nice and affordable! =D

Photobucket

Photobucket

We went back to the hotel and out again to get some snacks at the convenient shop, used the free internet in the hotel lobby for a while before going back to our room where we relaxed and watched the TV programmes (though we don't really understand but some of the shows are pretty interesting..hee)

05 Apr 2008

As I didn't get to shop much the day before at Harajuku coz of the souvenirs, we went back there again solely for my shopping..hehee

Was walking towards the Shinjuku station when we came across one of those Sanrio shop with a giant Hello Kitty at the entrance:

Photobucket

Really big right?..hehe

Though its a Saturday, it wasn't as crowded as on a Sunday..so this time, I managed to go into most of the shops there to look at the clothes and accessories..I wasn't intending to buy much but Kelvin kept encouraging me so in the end, I bought lotsa stuff..never have I spent/buy so much in a day!..I feel like I'm going crazy liao..haha..shop till siao liao..keke..I bought 5 dresses, 4 bags, 1 necklace, 1 hat, and a few hair accessories..will post the pictures of my loot later =D

Oh, I even bought lingerie..5 sets of them!!..haha..crazy right?..but their lingerie are all so pretty and aren't too expensive (about SGD28 for 1 set) so I can't resist..hehe..and I spent 1 hour in the lingerie shop!..luckily there were benches just outside the shop so Kelvin has somewhere to sit and wait while I shop & try..hehe..wonder if they deliberately have the benches outside for the ladies' partners to sit and wait for them..keke

Its really crazy shopping for me that day..hehe..shopped for 5hrs before we headed back to the hotel, coz I'm tired and there's nothing I wanna buy already..hehe..a very happy day for me!..hee =D

After sending me back to the hotel, Kelvin went off to Akiharaba again even though we already planned to go the next day, coz he's afraid that we may not have enough hands to carry all the things we are going to buy within that trip..so he will go there alone to get some of the stuff he wants 1st..we both are really siao liao..hehe..

So I organised my loot and pack them up to see if my suitcase can hold them, well it managed to but the lid won't close unless I pushed it down..haha..Kelvin came back a few hours later and bought KFC back for dinner =)

06 Apr 2008

Ok, I know it may seem like we keep going back to the same places over & over again, but can't be helped when there are just too many stuff we wanna buy but got not enough hands to carry at 1 time..hehe..

We went to Akiharaba again on this day..we explored more and bought all the stuff we've been eyeing since our 1st visit *happy* Besides the figurines and other accessories, I also bought a PSP Slim (pink!) and Kelvin bought a Nintendo DS..hee =)

It juz another full day of shopping and hence didn't take any photos coz had no hands to take..keke..so at the end of the day, we were both very satisfied shoppers =D

07 Apr 2008

Today is the last day before we leave for home on the following day..what we did was visiting the post office to get our stuff mailed back..guess how many boxes we had?..3!! you must be thinking 'siao ar!'..yah, I feel so too..but the boxes were not those really big kind..think its about 40cm length, 30cm width and 40cm height only..so 1 box at most can accommodate max 5 items coz our stuff are all in individual boxes..

We chose to take the most secured mailing option - Express Mail Service (EMS), which we can track the whereabouts of our packages..hehe..

After settling our stuff at the post office, we went to walk around Shinjuku coz there were many alleys that we didn't go into before..bought another 3 tops and 1 dress while Kelvin bought a coat and a pair of bermudas..we went to one of those food fare in those supermarkets to buy some local snacks back for our folks and basically roamed the streets until it was dinnertime.

Decide to eat something better since its our last nite, so went to a posh looking Japanese restuarant..forgot to take any pictures of the place as it was raining and my hands were full, carrying things I bought and my umbrella, and I totally forgot about taking photos when we finally settled down >_< style="font-weight: bold;">08 Apr 2008


Checked out of the hotel at 11am (the latest among all the 3 hotels) and to the Shinjuku station..it was a very very bad day to be walking on the streets with our luggages..coz it was raining n with strong winds!! We had difficulties walking through the rain with our heavy stuff..my umbrella got flipped upwards by the wind, luckily it flipped back again, if not I dunno what I'll do man..by the time we got to the station, we were about 30% drenched..haiz..left our stuff at the lockers again (we simply love the convenience of them at the station!..hehe) and went to buy the tickets for the Narita Express.

As there was still about 2hrs to our train departure time, we went to shop in one of those major shopping complex..Kelvin wanted to buy a particular DVD but was unable to find it in the CD shop there..we were about to make our back to the train station when we passed by the Coach shop..as I still have quite a fair bit of money left from the initial 'allowance' we divided between the 2 of us, I jokingly asked Kelvin if I can spend my money buy getting a branded item, maybe a wallet since my current one is really old (i've been using it for almost 5yrs liao..)..so we went inside the Coach shop and guess what? I bought the most expensive thing for this trip, and wallet I ever had!!..will show you all in my next post..liked it alot but think its really too expensive liao..heh

With that its about time to head back to collect our stuff from the lockers and to the train station..we almost couldn't make it in time coz we had difficulties passing the gate at the station and we don't understand what the conductor is saying when we asked for help, and we have only 10mins left!..Kelvin quickly ran to the ticket service counter to get help and we managed to get through..but the stupid platform is the furthest from the gate! So we gotta half walk half run with our luggages, fearing that we will miss the train..Luckily, we made it 2 mins before the train comes *phew* this is the most gan cheong experience during our whole trip man..and it had to happen to our last trip to the airport -_-

But what's impt is that we made it in time, so all's well..hee =)

Photobucket
On the way to the airport

So that's about all, took the 6.45pm Northwest flight and watched the show 'P.S. I love you' ..its really sad can..teared throughout the show (yes, I'm a crybaby when it comes to such shows =p) Reached Singapore around 1.20am and back home at 2am..very tiring but a very fulfilling trip..hehe..

Oh, and our packages reached before we got home so gotta arrange for re-delivery..hehe..really express..kekee =)